If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Store Your New Log Home Information on Centriq App February 13, 2017
- Green Tip: Whole House Ventilation February 13, 2017
- Love Farmhouse Style and Log Homes? February 13, 2017
- Still Plenty of Log Home Shows on Our Schedule! February 13, 2017
- Timber Frame Bridges Add Beauty and Value February 13, 2017