If you’ve considered adding solar to your log home, but found the installation process complicated and expensive, Ready Solar may have the answer in their Solar in a Box® system. The panels are designed on a patented framing system that finishes to less than an inch off the roof, so the appearance is similar to a skylight. Each panel is fitted with micro inverters, which allow a 5% to 25% production gain in locations that are partially shaded during the day. These microinverters also allows for start-up panels to be installed with additional panels easily added at a later date. The panels are completely assembled and tested under factory conditions, so the installation dramatically reduces the chance for error and cuts roof penetrations by 70%. The Solar in a Box® design minimizes the debris buildup underneath the panels, and also allows for easy disassembly and re-installation when roof repairs are needed. The system can also be remotely monitored panel by panel through its web-based notification alert of malfunctions. This is a great way to make an entry into solar!
- Katahdin Lakeside Home Goes LEED Gold— New Standard for Log Home Efficiency October 20, 2016
- 3 Hot Landscaping Trends to Enhance Your Log Home October 19, 2016
- Small Duct High Velocity Heating & Cooling October 19, 2016
- Logapalooza + Log Home Shows = Great Ways to Learn October 19, 2016
- Green Tip: Micro Hydrogenerators October 19, 2016