If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Log Home Shows, Open Houses + Logapalooza on Tap for Fall September 10, 2019
- Rainwater Management: Gutters and Containment September 10, 2019
- Roof Systems Primer: Which Suits Your Needs? September 10, 2019
- Green Tip: Cool Roofs Include Energy Saving Updates September 10, 2019
- Choose From Multiple Metal Roof Options September 10, 2019