If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Panasonic Cosmos Healthy Home System May 21, 2020
- Green Tip: GreenFire by Fire Suppression Innovations May 21, 2020
- Smart Wall Mount Garage Door Opener May 21, 2020
- Green Tip: Zero VOC Wood Treatment Oil May 21, 2020
- Keep the Design in Universal Design May 21, 2020