If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Curve Appeal Adds Character! July 18, 2017
- It’s Not Too Early to Plan for Fall Log Home Shows! July 18, 2017
- A Look Back: Extreme Makeover Lessons Learned July 18, 2017
- Green Tip: Hiring an Energy Rater July 18, 2017
- Make Your Katahdin Log Home Solar Ready! July 18, 2017