If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
Home|Blog|Uncategorized|Green Tip: Pervious Concrete Admixture
- Outdoor Pizza Ovens: Embrace Rustic Charm and Delicious Pizza May 16, 2023
- Meet Katahdin Cedar Log Homes in Nashville, Atlanta or Burlington VT February 24, 2023
- Green Tip: Circadian Lighting February 24, 2023
- Powder Room Décor February 24, 2023
- Designing with Glass Blocks February 24, 2023