If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Kick off 2019 with a Log Home Show! January 16, 2019
- Log Off for the Weekend & Enjoy a Log Home! January 16, 2019
- Collector Finds a Perfect Victorian Log Home Setting January 15, 2019
- Make a New Year’s Resolution to Visit a Log Home Show! December 13, 2018
- Green Tip: Hybrid Heat Pump Electric Water Heaters December 11, 2018