If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Green Tip: Zera™ Food Recycler May 11, 2017
- Barn Lights Bring Great Looks to Log Homes May 11, 2017
- Logapalooza & Open Houses Offer Log Home Experiences May 11, 2017
- Material Evidence: Soapstone May 11, 2017
- Five Log Raising Tips: What to Look for On Site May 11, 2017