If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- New Efficiency Codes Go into Effect In Maine July 20, 2021
- Fall Log Home Shows are Back! Plus, New Asheville, NC-area Open House Event July 15, 2021
- Design Trend: Living Walls July 15, 2021
- The Joys of Carriage Houses July 15, 2021
- Green Tip: Navien A2 Advanced July 15, 2021