If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Garage Designs for Accessory Dwellings November 15, 2023
- Lock In Your Energy Now October 6, 2023
- Five Reasons Why Katahdin Cedar Log Homes is the Smart Choice September 12, 2023
- Navigating Log Home Financing: Building Your Dream Retreat June 27, 2023
- 5 Must-Have Features for Your Log Home Outdoor Kitchen June 8, 2023