If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Luxury Kitchen Appliances from Napa Valley February 16, 2018
- 5 Reasons Katahdin’s Energy Envelope System Works February 16, 2018
- Workstation Sinks Make Prepping a Dream! February 16, 2018
- Green Tip: Septic Assist Garbage Disposal February 16, 2018
- Our Log Home Show Team Travels Off to the Midwest! February 16, 2018