If you’ve got a big expanse of concrete driveway or plan to use a mixture of concrete and stone in your patio area, you might want to consider the BASF Pervious Concrete Admixture, a three-part binder that sticks the stones and aggregate together, yet allows water to pass through the concrete. It provides a smart alternative for sidewalks, driveways, and walkways where excess runoff is not desirable. It also stretches the amount of cement you’ll need to use in the mixture. The Environmental Protection Agency recognizes pervious concrete as a viable application to reduce storm water runoff, and some green building programs— including The US Green Building Council’s LEED program —offer points toward certification when using pervious concrete.
- Three More Chances to Meet Katahdin Log Home Experts March 16, 2017
- After the Fire: Stepping Up to Help Rebuild Gatlinburg March 16, 2017
- Add Feature Walls Without the Commitment March 16, 2017
- New Options for Barn Doors & Hardware March 16, 2017
- Green Tip: Solar Smartflower POP March 16, 2017