- Not all “complete packages” are complete! Almost all log home companies claim to have a “complete package,” but the reality is that all “complete packages” are different, and Katahdin’s is much more complete than most. For example, Katahdin includes the following items that most companies do not: Pre-cut and pre-drilled logs; pre-cut window framing materials (bucks); rigid roof insulation; log skirting and false corners; shingles; log railings.
- If it’s not in their package, YOU STILL NEED IT TO FINISH YOUR HOME! We hear it all the time: “Why is your package so much more than XYZ company?” Then, after helping the future home owner of a “complete package” compare theirs and ours, we find out that XYZ company doesn’t include interior wall framing or the entire loft floor! The fact of the matter is, if it’s included in our package, you NEED it to finish your home. If they don’t include it, you still NEED to buy it elsewhere.
- If it’s not done in the mill, IT STILL HAS TO BE DONE ON THE JOB SITE! For 30 years, Katahdin has continuously strived to improve its product and manufacturing efficiencies, and today we are extremely proud to have THE MOST COMPLETE AND PRECISE manufacturing process in the industry. By making cuts that typically have to be done by hand on the jobsite, our computerized house line and laser-guided saws reduce the construction time by days, and sometimes weeks— all while achieving a level of precision that only computers can achieve! Our logs are pre-cut, pre-drilled for log screws, labeled, bar-coded, and packed in the order that they will be needed on the job site. All of this adds up to a more efficient and precise construction process…..and BIG savings for you!
- Let us do your HOMEwork! If you’re not an experienced builder or contractor (like most people!), it can be very difficult to make an accurate apples-to-apples comparison of two log home packages. Don’t worry, that’s where we come in! If you send us a competitor’s detailed and itemized quote (Always ask for this) then we will make a line-by-line, item-by-item comparison. We call it – The Katahdin Challenge – It’s a service that we provide every day, free of charge.
- A warranty is only as good as the company that writes it. And in these turbulent times it’s more important than ever to research the companies you’re doing business with. We always encourage questions about our business. We’ve been producing log homes for 37 years and our financial foundation is as sound as ever — but don’t take our word for it, call our banker and find out for yourself! We’ll even provide you with his name, contact information and a series of questions to ask! Will others do the same?
Log in to save your favorite plans and gallery images