Maintaining Log Homes
Maintaining a Katahdin cedar log home is simple. With a cedar log containing less moisture than a traditional pine log, maintaining your log home needs less attention leaving you more time to enjoy log home living and the reason you choose a cedar log home.
- Ask a Log Home Expert - Ever had a question about a log home you thought too silly to ask? Ever wonder about a specific construction tidbit but were afraid to ask? Would you like to discuss your log home desires with a real person before committing to a meeting? Use the contact form today and simply add your comments or questions in the space provided and one of our log home experts will be in touch. The end of the day, a great product, great customer support and that personal touch that trained professional log home builders of Katahdin deliver really do make us stand apart from the crowd. Contact us Today.
- Log Home Upkeep made Simple. With a 25 year warranty on a Katahdin Cedar Log Home, we give you the training and expertise to maintain your new luxury log home for years of comfortable living. From the initial stain application to maintaining the top coat, the simple steps need to protect your wise investment are included from our certified, award winning builder teams.
- Log Home Finishes. Log Home finishes are available in a variety of colors, from light to deep rich dark colors. Explore this section to learn more about the processes for the log home exterior variety of stains and top coats. Selecting a Katahdin Cedar Log Home, the choice of color is what you want, not what WE decide. Just another part of what makes owning a Katahdin Cedar Log Home special.
- Cedar vs. Pine A log home is just a log home, right? Wrong! Material choices for construction regardless of design and/or log home finishes make a big impact on the quality of your new log home. Cedar, or more specifically Northern White Cedar is a superior choice in log home construction. From it's low moisture content, stronger wood fibers, natural rot resistance and nature's own insect barrier wood species Northern White Cedar wins. Click on the link to learn more about the difference between cedar and pine.
- Log Home Landscaping Like a frame to a Van Gogh your landscaping should frame your new cedar log home. Katahdin Cedar Log Homes prides itself on a zero waste facility. We accomplish this by use of the entire tree and utilize this in fencing products. Sawdust and chips are used to heat and run the machinery also. Like a wise hunter and the ancient native people of the land, Katahdin uses everything we harvest. Click this link to learn more about the Katahdin Log Home product line featuring the same qualities and wood (Northern White Cedar) as you new luxury log home.
Our Turnkey Solution makes owning a luxury cedar log home a simple 7 step process, turning your dream into reality. To learn more about the 7 Steps of Cedar Log Home ownership, please review The Katahdin Difference section of this web site.